Sunday, January 25, 2015

J52 week 3 - Conversation starters

The basic idea of this week's prompt was to remember a conversation you had or overheard and which was somehow memorable. I thought of people talking and tried to draw portraits, something that always scares me. I want to work on that - especially since it really didn't turn out well and I dislike these faces a lot. But I couldn't bring myself to gesso them over completely so here they are. I added a quote from lyrics to the song "Talk" by Coldplay:
So you don't know where you're going
But you want to talk
And you feel like you're going where you've been before
You'll tell anyone who will listen but you feel ignored
Nothing's really making any sense at all

Let's talk
I also wrote down thoughts and bit and pieces about talking. On the one hand, people talk way too much, too many useless sentences in our ears, it's getting difficult to filter out if there is something really important. On the other hand, people don't talk anymore, they are too afraid to say something truthful, something real, something about the way they feel or on what is really going on in their lives. All the clutter in our ears and heads is blocking the real things, the important things. Talk, of course, please talk, let's talk - but try to listen too. Try to make room for a conversation, some true words to be spoken between you and someone else.


No comments: