Friday, December 19, 2014

Reading statistics

It's a nice feature that goodreads offers you reading statistics. So you can compare how much you read and how you evaluated the books in comparison. Here is my overview for 2014:


Good thing: There are twelve books with the best possible rating and only six that I totally disliked. There is a majority with four and three stars, altogether good or very good books I liked.
It is not surprising that there are several of my favourite authors in the five-star-section such as Jonathan Stroud, Tove Jansson, Tess Gerritsen, Simon Beckett or Kathy Reichs. There are some classics I partly re-read such as The Little Water Sprite by Ottfried Preußler, Huck Finn by Mark Twain or an Agatha Christie thriller. Patrick Ness was a new discovery and A Moster Calls is an exceptional book in many different ways.
All these books together have more than 38000 pages, but I haven't read them all but listened to quite a few audiobooks which is obviously a timesaver cause you can listen and do household stuff at the same time which is quite difficult while holding a book. Although one of my challenges was supposed to shrink my pile of unread books (SuB = Stapel ungelesener Bücher) I didn't quite manage to read a lot of the old ones but kept on adding new (e-) books to it - will have to retry in 2015.

No comments: