Saturday, March 09, 2013

Bathed in Moonlight

Bathed in Moonlight is the title of this postcard sent by Desirée from the Netherlands.
It got me thinking about songs that might go well with this picture.
First one I thought of was of course very obvious: Moonlight Shadow by Mike Oldfield feat. Maggie Reilly, oh my, from 1983. And then I did a search through my music folder and the things this search came up with... very funny! Let me list a few:

  • Tina Dico - Moon to Let
  • Anouk - Faith in My Moon
  • Sting - Moon over Bourbon Street
  • Sinatra - Fly Me to the Moon and Moon River
  • Norah Jones - Moon Song
  • Godsmack - Moon Baby
  • Eels - Climbing the Moon
  • The Police - Walking on the Moon 
  • R.E.M. - Man on the Moon
  • Sam Brown - April Moon
  • Fairground Attraction - The Moon is Mine
  • David Gray - Red Moon
  • The Alan Parson's Project - Children of the Moon
  • LeeAnn Rimes - Can't Fight the Moon Light
  • Savage Garden - To the Moon and Back
  • MGMT - Of Moons, Birds & Monsters
  • Shirley Bassey - Moonraker
  • Holly Cole - Moonglow
  • Scarlet - Moonstruck
  • Cat Stevens - Moonlight Shadow
Imagine all these together on a sampler, it would probably be unbearable!
Am I missing any important moon songs?
By the way, I wouldn't say that this search turned out as a representative overview of my music taste. It's more like a very strange mix - but fun.

No comments: